Click above to listen to the podcast and read the blog post below for extra support.
Married with Luggage has officially transitioned to An Uncluttered Life! Thanks so much for going through this process with us. We’re excited about the tight focus on removing what’s cluttering your life so you can have more time, space, and money to live the way you want!
Poke around the site and test it out. A few things are still in process, but you have access to almost 1000 resources in the archives..and plenty more where that came from!
When it comes to life advice, too often we rely on conventional wisdom. It’s like a one-size-fits all t-shirt. Sure, it will fit most people, but it won’t fit everyone. Today, you’re going to learn how to question the conventional wisdom so that you’ll always have a life that fits perfectly.
Learn the 5 questions you can ask yourself before following conventional wisdom.
The Thinking Person’s Method
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.” – John Galbraith
In today’s podcast episode, we told you about two different men who just had new houses built. One is a tiny house, following the tiny house trend of recent years. One is a large home in a newly planned community with a three-car garage.
Both houses are the right fit for each man. Instead of doing what the conventional wisdom (and those around them) said, they evaluated their own lifestyles and made their own decisions.
We then shared three examples from our own life when the conventional wisdom didn’t work.
- Buying as much house as we could afford with no consideration of lifestyle or happiness
- Spending two months’ salary on Betsy’s engagement ring (which she hasn’t worn in five years)
- You’re too old to do that. (Think of all we’d have missed in our lives if we’d followed this advice!)
5 Questions to Ask Yourself When Evaluating Advice
- Does this advice appeal to me?
- Am I interested because everyone says I’m supposed to go in this direction, or am I truly interested?
- Does it fit the goals I have for my life?
- Will I be happy with this direction in a year?
- What happens if I don’t follow this advice?
Get the resource guide for this episode in the Resource Roundup—a collection of our best guides to help you gain more time, space, energy, and money asap!