Leave it to the younger ones to do, create, and see all the cool stuff. Keep your eyes on the oldsters in front of you and just copy what they do as you slide into oblivion.
What? You don’t like that message?
Feel a little pissed off, even?
Yeah, me, too. Where in the hell did this stuff come from?
The headlines that cause me to shake my head:
- 30 Experiences to Have Before You Turn 30 (as if you can no longer experience after that ancient age)
- Top 10 Places to Visit Before You Turn 30 (because you obviously cannot travel in your senility)
- 15 Career Milestones Everyone Should Reach Before 30 (you’ll never get to milestone #16 unless you hit all 15 before your first gray hair)
- 20 Things Everyone Should Master by the Age of 40 (always good to work at mastering other people’s goals, huh?)
- Things Other People Accomplished When They Were Your Age (just in case you wanted to compare apples to oranges)
Before I became the ripe old age of 44 (call a medic!), I did some cool things. Also, some stupid things. Pretty much the same action plan I have for the remaining time I have left on this planet.
The ancients would have called it, “living.” So I will, too.
So if you’re tired of being told you’re past your prime, missed the boat, started too late, or can’t do that at your age, I’ve got a solution for you.
Just do your own thing, like you did back then when you were feeling like you had the world on a string. I promise you won’t get in trouble.
No one’s paying attention to us anyway, now are they? We can get away with just about anything…
PS: Speaking of doing your own thing…available for preorder now on Amazon: Wild Rose, the first book in The LateBloomer Series. Reserve your copy now! (Publish date: March 17, 2015)
About the Series: After a lifetime of friendship bordering on sisterhood, five 40-something women from Arizona each embark on their own adventures in love, travel, and discovery around the globe. Knowing themselves far better than they did in their 20s and 30s, these seasoned women are ready to take on the world. If 40 is the new 20, these women are just getting started.
Click here to get your copy of Wild Rose delivered to your Kindle immediately upon release. (Want it in print or another version? Don’t worry; those will be available on March 17!)