You may have noticed we look a little bit different this week. Warren has done a lot of work behind the scenes so we can more easily share photos and videos with you as we travel.
- We are now using our new logo from I Design Your Logo. You may remember us getting this logo several weeks ago, and we have already been using it on our Facebook page.
- The tabs at the top of the home page showcase the latest post, a video on where we are going, and random pictures. As we start to travel, these tabs may change. You’ll always see the most up-to-date info here.
- Are you on Facebook, Twitter, or Flickr? You can friend/like us through the icons on the upper right corner of the site. We put out a lot of info on Facebook and Twitter that isn’t quite big enough for a blog post, so if you like that sort of thing please connect with us there. You can also “like” us on Facebook from the widget in the footer.
- The categories are now on the right side in a dropdown menu, so if you only want to read posts on a particular topic you can click there and find everything you need.
Now that the basic changes are made, we can focus on the enhancements coming soon:
- An interactive map that will allow you to click on a destination and get photos, blog posts, and videos we’ve made. This is one we are very excited about and can’t wait to use. We’re hoping to have a function to allow you to suggest things for us, too.
- A really fantastic resource section with budgeting, planning, and downsizing information. We’ve met a lot of great people while planning this trip, and we want you to know them, too. We’ll also be updating the “New Here?” section for those just discovering our site or looking for how we got started.
- A link to our upcoming radio show, which will be done in a format similar to This American Life. We are really jazzed about doing this show for the Rock Your Genius network this fall and hope you like it, too.
Thanks for your patience as we’ve (we=Warren) worked behind the scenes to make this a better experience for you. Your comments and feedback have been a big help, and we want to keep hearing from you as we tweak this.
What do you think?