Editor’s Note: This is the first in a series on sex and intimacy in your relationship.
Did that title get you revved up for a Monday morning, or did you just groan and wish we’d move on to something more relevant to your life, like decluttering?
Emotions run high in both directions when you talk about sex and intimacy in a relationship. There are those who have given up on intimacy because of work, kids, or apathy, and others who struggle to get to “relationship nirvana” so hard they actually push their partners away. And in between those two extremes lie the rest of us.
This series is going to explore sex and intimacy as it relates to lifestyle design. After all, that’s what we’re here for, right?
Designing the level and type of sex and intimacy you want in your relationship is just as important as finding your ideal work, your dream home, and time for your creative pursuits.
In this series we’ll talk about:
- Finding – and being – an ideal partner.
- Checking to see that your partner’s tank is full
- Learning how you and your partner want to give and receive love (lesson: it may not be the same!)
- Saying “please” and “thank you”
- How much sex is normal?
- Why you don’t have sex like you used to (and how to change that)
- Keeping your sex life private, but being open to talking about sex in general with good friends. This support system will show you that you are “normal” – whatever that is!
- Talking to your kids about sex. Healthy attitudes about sex start in childhood, and I have an expert that will tell you how to translate your values to your children in an age-appropriate way
Do you have any questions or topics you’d like me to cover in this series, feel free to email me.
I’m not an expert, but I do have the real-world experience of a failed marriage, a successful marriage, and many hilarious/unfortunate dating relationships in between. Add to that some very smart friends, a good bit of therapy, and a fearless ability to ask people smarter than me about scary/crazy/intimate topics.
So, tune in for the next few weeks as we get down and dirty.
Let’s Get It On!
Sex and Intimacy Posts: