Click above to listen to the podcast and read the show notes below for extra support. And don’t forget to download the free resource by clicking the blue button below— this week you’ll get scripts you can use right now to ask for accountability and support from friends, family, acquaintances, coworkers, and even strangers on the internet who share your goals.
Kinda funny to think about adding another person to increase your self-discipline, right? I mean, the word itself says “self” discipline.
Mistaking self-discipline for a solo project is an easy mistake to make. However, if you dig just a tiny bit deeper into the definition, you’ll discover that it means overcoming one’s weaknesses. And the best way to do that is to create an environment that supports your higher ambitions.
That environment includes the people you surround yourself with and the social norms and agreements you create to live the lifestyle you want. In today’s episode, you’ll learn what an accountability partner and support group can do for your self-discipline and how they can bring you closer to your Plan A Life. And in today’s free resource guide, you’ll learn exactly how to ask for support from those people.
This Episode is for You if:
- You need someone to hold you accountable to your goals but don’t know where to find the right person
- You are already part of a like-minded group, but you don’t know how to get a deeper connection to boost your results
- You want to share your goals with your friends and family, but you’re too shy to ask for their support
- You don’t know how people can support your efforts (but you wish you did!)
Get the resource guide for this episode in the Resource Roundup—a collection of our best guides to help you gain more time, space, energy, and money asap!
Links from Today’s Episode
- Boost your self-discipline with mentorship and accountability in Life Lab! Click here for details.
- Making Lifestyle Changes that Last (American Psychological Association)
- How to turn envy into excellence (Episode #159). Get the download to use with your mentors.