It is hard to get started.
But hey, we don’t have to tell you. All we have to do is ask you how many things you’d like to do—write a novel, start an exercise program, open a business, ask your big crush out for coffee, clean out your garage, pay off your debt—and then ask how many of those you’ve started.
And it’s not just you. Everyone suffers from this problem to some degree. Deathbed regrets, coulda-woulda-shoulda stories, and if-only dreams consume people’s thoughts, especially in middle age and beyond. And then there’s the perennial favorite:
If I had my life to live all over again, then I’d [fill in the blank].”
Older family members have said it. Maybe your mentors or friends. Heck, maybe you’ve even said it.
You don’t know how to start, but you do know how this ends. Life remains the same. No change.
But hey, it doesn’t have to stay that way! Start anything once you learn the simple, reliable method revealed in today’s episode.
[Click on the blue bar at the top to listen to the podcast, and be sure to download your free idea list of first steps for 15 popular goals at the end of this post.]
Why It’s Hard to Get Started
- You bite off more than you can chew (aka, “I have to do it all, right now, at this moment, or I’m a total failure”)
- You have no idea what the first step is—but you can imagine the result perfectly!
- A lack of self-confidence means you second-guess every single idea you have. You never feel ready.
- Fear of failure and embarrassment holds you back.
- And the longer you wait, the more your excitement fades.
Recognize your situation? Want a clear-cut solution on how to overcome this roadblock? You’re in the right place.
- With only 25 minutes
- By going slow instead of fast
- And by looking straight down in front of you
Make sense? If not, listen to this episode for all the details. Then download the bonus guide and you’ll be ready to take your first step today!
Get the resource guide for this episode in the Resource Roundup—a collection of our best guides to help you gain more time, space, energy, and money asap!
Stay on Track with Life Lab
Listening to the podcast every week is a great first step in changing your life! However, if you’re looking for a path to your Plan A Life that is easy to start, comes with expert weekly guidance, and includes a private community of people who “get” you, then we invite you to check out Life Lab.
Life Lab is “next level” training and resources on creating your Plan A Life. It comes with:
- More access to us via email, the private Forum, and in live workshops
- Less overwhelm in wading through the thousand resources we’ve created—we walk you through what you need (and only what you need) every single week in a simple email, and it never costs you more than your low monthly fee to access it all
- Faster progress on your goals because we strip out the excess and give you only what you need to keep moving forward
- Direction in creating your Plan A Life from people who’ve been there and know what’s essential, in what order (and what you can skip and still be successful)
Membership is only $14.95/month (cancel anytime), and you can click here to get started on the path to the life you want. See you in Life Lab!