Why doesn’t he understand me?
Why does she always want to talk about everything?
What is he thinking?
Where in the hell did that come from?
If you’ve ever said any of those lines about your one true love or had them said about you, welcome to the club. (The Human Club.)
We just had one of those days where we weren’t quite sure where the other person was coming from.
This episode was supposed to be about decision journals, but Warren had a bit of a meltdown on our morning walk. Instead of prepping for the scheduled topic, we spent a lot of time working through the meltdown and talking about how to resolve it.
We thought you might be interested in hearing it unfold.
(Frankly, I’m surprised Warren revealed so much, as the initial goal was just to talk about how we were working through it.)
This Episode is for You if You’ve:
- Ever struggled to understand your partner
- Wished your partner could read your mind
- Wished your partner would stop trying to read your mind
- Been unable to express yourself clearly
- Not known how to help your partner with a problem
- Not known what the fight was about until it was over
One thing we’ve learned over the years is that we often make our problems worse because of the way we communicate with each other. And in today’s episode you’ll get an inside peek at how we worked through this problem in almost real time.
If this kind of inside peek into our personal life is TMI, you can come back next week when we’ll be back with an episode on who to turn to for advice in your life (it’s a great episode!). No hard feelings. 🙂
However, if you like seeing how other people communicate and work through problems—mistakes and all—then you’ll get a lot out of this podcast. Many thanks to Warren for being so open, as it couldn’t have been easy.
So if you ask yourself on a regular basis, “why doesn’t he understand me?” or “where in the hell did that come from?” — the problem might be more about HOW you communicate than WHAT you’re trying to communicate.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Warren chats with Joel Zaslofky about bravery and bravado on the Simple Matters Podcast
- Block Site extension for Chrome (to keep yourself out of problem websites)
- 25 Reasons You Are Not as Successful as You Should Be
- How to Be the Hero (detailing one of our “international incidents”) and The Great Train Robbery (detailing another Interpol-level incident) 🙂
Like the Podcast? Then You’ll Love Life Lab.
Listening to the podcast every week is a great first step in changing your life! However, if you’re looking for a path to your Plan A Life that is easy to start, comes with expert weekly guidance, and includes a private community of people who “get” you, then we invite you to check out Life Lab.
Life Lab is “next level” training and resources on creating your Plan A Life. It comes with:
- More access to us via email, the private Forum, and in live workshops
- Less overwhelm in wading through the thousand resources we’ve created—we walk you through what you need (and only what you need) every single week in a simple email, and it never costs you more than your low monthly fee to access it all
- Faster progress on your goals because we strip out the excess and give you only what you need to keep moving forward
- Direction in creating your Plan A Life from people who’ve been there and know what’s essential, in what order (and what you can skip and still be successful)
Membership is only $14.95/month (cancel anytime), and you can click here to get started on the path to the life you want. See you in Life Lab!