Midlife crisis is the name you give to other people’s problems after age 40.
Jokingly, you chuckle about midlife crisis when referring to the:
- Middle-aged-schlub-turned-super-athlete at work (ohmygod please stop talking about your Iron Man training!)
- Botox Mama from your book club (I can’t tell if she’s happy or sad anymore!)
- Shiny new sports car your conservative brother-in-law just bought (does he know what a cliché he is?)
- Friends who have become late-in-life hippies and can’t stop raving about Burning Man (you’re right, Bob, I just don’t get it)
- Normal-turned-Cougar friend chasing much younger men (is she hitting on her son’s college roommate?)
- Embarrassingly young new trophy wife of your old friend Jack (she did not just ask us who Paul McCarney is!)
- Reason Carl decided to start a new family at an age closer to retirement than college graduation (these kids will be younger than his grandkids!)
Pointing out a midlife crisis is so easy when it comes to other people.
We felt the same way—until someone accused us of having a midlife crisis.
When the words are pointed at you, they are no longer such a funny joke.
Were we clichés? First-world-problem kinda people with too much time on our hands? Selfish jerks who always wanted more?
Instead of rejecting the accusation, we chose to explore it. What was a midlife crisis, and were we really having one? If so, how did we get through it?
This episode is for you if you:
- Worry about what your future holds
- Wish you could change significant parts of your past
- Have the need to make a change but not sure what it should be
- Compare your life unfavorably to those around you
- Feel the passage of time more than ever before
- Fear that you’re stuck in a rut and too old to get out of it
- Wonder if your best years have been given to other people
So take a listen to this episode, and if you find yourself nodding your head, download and take the questionnaire, then watch the video to find out how to take your crisis and turn it into something useful for your life.
Turn your Midlife Crisis into a Midlife Breakthrough
- 15 questions to determine whether you’re on the verge of a midlife crisis. [PDF]
- Training on how to change your thinking from crisis to breakthrough. [Video]
- Private Facebook group to discuss all aspects of the midlife crisis (and beyond) with us and fellow Life Labbers. [Discussion]
If this sounds like an upgrade you’d like, then check it out here. Membership is only $14.95/month and you can cancel at any time.
Life Lab is much cheaper than a sports car, less painful than Botox, and more reliable for long-term satisfaction with your life than running away.
And if the additional support in Life Lab isn’t a good fit for you right now, then enjoy this episode and join us next time when we discuss overnight success and why it hasn’t happened to you yet. (Or us, for that matter!) 🙂