An Action Plan for Dreamers is a weekly 20-minute podcast where we provide practical and actionable advice about what it takes to create the life you crave. It’s short enough to listen on your commute or coffee break, but long enough to contain 3-5 practical steps you can take to make your dream life a little bit closer. View our our past episodes here on the site or click here to subscribe at iTunes .
Thanks to Russ Kiel who performs our theme song every week. We sound better because of his tune.
It is amazing to think what an impact our parents had on our desire to follow our dreams. In looking back at both our lives we can easily spot those lessons, instilled by our parents, which led us to following our dreams.
We dive into the impact that parents have on their children’s desire to create the lives they create by going after their own. We are also joined by Ingrid Ricks, author of Hippie Boy, who shares how her children encouraged her to go after her dreams. Ingrid also shares how her decision to make her dream a reality has impacted her children. It is a compelling story for us all.
This is a great opportunity to appreciate how our parents have paved the way for our dreams. Plus, for all you parents out there to see how you can impact your kids by going after your own dreams now.
Action Plan Take Aways:
- Instead of focusing on the excuses, make a list of reasons why you “MUST” go after your dream and then build an action plan to make it happen.
- Don’t lock yourself into deadlines which you cannot control. Focus on action plans you can control.
- Remember that it is about the process, not just the end goal you are striving to achieve. Be open to the possibilites.
This week’s podcast sponsor is LearnVest.com. LearnVest’s mission is to empower people everywhere to take control of their personal finances so that they can afford their dreams. Take control of your money. Click here to join LearnVest today.
Listen to the Show
Miss a Recent Episode?
- The Final Episode: Knowing When to Quit
- Episode 184: Can You Live with No Regrets?
- Episode 183: The #1 Reason You Don’t Have More of What You Want
- Episode 182: Gaining Perspective
- Episode 181: Why Overnight Success Doesn’t Happen Overnight
On next week’s show we’ll be talking about gaining control over your expenses. There’s no way your dream life includes debt and worry over money, and we’ll show you how to start taking control right away. We’ll also be joined by Simon Fairbairn, the creator of Trail Wallet, a handy tool to help you keep track of all your expenses.
You won’t want to miss this episode so subscribe to the podcast here.
Until next time, remember to take the first step and keep on moving.
This week we were featured as New and Noteworthy on the front page of iTunes thanks to your reviews. If you enjoyed the show, please take 3 minutes to leave us a review on iTunes. Your reviews help others discover our podcast.