- How can you set realistic expectations from the start?
- What do you do when things aren’t going well?
- How do you set boundaries when there seems like no separation from your professional and personal lives?
- If I get mad at my partner at work, how will that affect our relationship at home?
- What if I fail or perform badly in front of my partner? I don’t want her to think less of me.
Be the Hero – Why you should take turns wearing the cape when disaster strikes.
- What do you mean by ‘be the hero’, and can you give us an example?
- How do you determine who’s turn it is to be the hero if the trouble is happening to you as a couple?
- What’s the job of the of the person being rescued in this scenario?
Fight Fast – A fast fight is a fair one, and there are 3 easy rules to solve the problem and get back to the lovin’…fast.
- What’s the difference between fighting fast and fighting fair?
- Shouldn’t you take the time to air everything out if you’re going to fight anyway?
- How do you signal that the fight is done and get back to normal quickly?
Assume the Best Intentions – It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. Find out why assuming your partner is a jerk will make him one…and vice versa.
- Why do we sometimes think our partners are out to get us, or at least to aggravate us to death?
- How does this internal storyline impact real-life situations?
- How can you stop your assumptions in their tracks…before you make yourself look like an ass?
Say What You Want – This little nugget of truth is surprisingly underutilized. And surprisingly powerful once you give up on ESP and mind-reading.
- Why do we spend so much time thinking about what we want instead of saying it out loud?
- You say it is a myth that your partner should know what you want if they really love you. What do you mean?
- If you’re used to keeping it inside, what’s an easy way to to start saying what you want?
Sign an Annual Love Contract – Pledging to love each other once isn’t enough. Find out why a yearly renewal is critical to staying together forever.
- If you’ve pledged to love each other forever, why do you need an annual love contract?
- Wouldn’t this make couples less secure in their relationships?
- How do you manage one of these annual negotiations?
Take Turns Being the Boss – Think he/she likes making all the decisions? If your standard response is “I don’t know, what do you want?” then you’re making life harder for your partner, not easier.
- Why is it so important to share the chore of picking restaurants, movies, and other everyday decisions?
- How does taking turns being the boss strengthen a relationship?
- What if my partner is more dominant? I think he/she likes being the boss, and I don’t mind following along.
Give and Receive Feedback – If you’re in business together or just remodeling your bathroom, you can’t be defensive about your work or keep quiet about problems. Your ego (and your mate’s) can take it, and we’ll show you how.
- How do you take constructive criticism from your lover without getting mad?
- How can you give constructive criticism without starting a fight?
- Why is separating your ego (and emotions) from your project so important?
Betsy and Warren’s engaging and high-energy style is perfect for conferences, radio shows, and podcasts. They are also compelling in print or online, distilling their message down to powerful quotes for readers.
To book Warren and Betsy for an interview or an event, email [email protected] or call 206.866.5643.
For bulk discounts on books, contact [email protected]