A few of you diehard readers have been around since the very beginning of our little plan to sell everything we own to travel around the world, and we’ve loved sharing our triumphs and setbacks with you along the way. Most of you, though, joined us in progress or just pop in now and again to see what’s going on. Whichever way you hang out with us is fine. We just like having you around.
Now that we’ve sold our house and most of our possessions, we’re really all in for this crazy adventure. Before we could always back out, stay with our normal lives, and find a way to spend all that money we saved. But now, well…there’s no going back, is there?
Not that I’m scared, mind you (teeth chattering). Not at all. I mean, who wouldn’t be ready to jump right in to a life without a tether, with only a few worldly possessions and no regular income? Oh, and did I mention the language barrier?
In times like these, it makes me feel better to look back on what we’ve accomplished so I don’t get too freaked out about what’s in front of us. It’s okay to be a little scared of something you really want, isn’t it?
Please indulge my little trip down memory lane. You may have missed one of these posts or have a new insight to add to them now that some time has passed. Even if you don’t comment, it will be nice just to know you’re holding my virtual hand as I breathe into a paper bag to keep from passing out.
- How we started redesigning our lives before we knew the term “lifestyle design:” How to get ready for a trip around the world (the long way)
- How we got started on this crazy adventure: The Married with Luggage Story
- Warren tells his boss we are leaving and doesn’t get fired: The Secret is Out
- We tell the moms and they don’t freak out: Telling the Family: Moms First
- We spend a lot of time getting rid of crap: How to declutter your house (a month-long series)
- Did I mention we’ve saved a TON of money?: Read the money series here or sign up for the newsletter and get the ebook
- And we’ve tried a few weird things: No ‘poo method, DIY haircuts, and giving up television
- Our one-year update on the status of things
- Now we’ve sold our house and plan to move in with a friend before our departure date on October 1
Have you ever been a little bit scared of accomplishing a big goal? Why do you think we get freaked out by this?